The main objective of any company is to satisfy the needs of its consumers & the satisfaction of a customer chiefly depends on the quality of the product that they purchase from that company. So, making & selling quality products is as crucial for the company as getting quality products is to the customers.
Satisfied customers purchase the same company’s products again & again & also refer their friends, family & acquaintances for buying that same company’s products, thus increasing the overall sales & profits of the company.
So, isn’t it so easy to comprehend how valuable product quality is for the establishment of a business? Why does product quality matter for both the consumers & manufacturer? Let us now discuss product quality, its factors, its aspects & its importance:
What Is Product Quality?
Product Quality incorporates some features in a product that makes the product capable of meeting the client’s needs & satisfying them for its purchase. The company, if necessary, must improve the products to suit the requirements of the consumers, making them free from all kinds of defects & shortcomings.
The quality of a product must be such that it fits the purpose of the consumers & must conform to the standards. It must be worth the money.
And, of course, there are some crucial factors on which the quality of a product depends. They are:
- What kind of raw materials you’re using for making the product?
- If the production technologies are implemented in a good & proper way?
- How good are the capabilities, experiences & knowledge of the workforce entailed in the production method is?
- If the production-related overheads such as power, transport, water supply, etc. are, satisfactorily available?
Product quality has some significant aspects & they are:
- The product’s design standard or quality must match the expected standard of the customers.
- The products are made so that their quality and reliability can never be questioned. Products that quickly become non-functional or depend on periodic repairs are not reliable.
- The product’s safety must not be compromised. The product must be safe & non-injurious to the customers while they use it.
- The product’s quality conformance must never be compromised.
- The packing & storage of the product must be done righteously. The product must be fresh & not get stale until it meets its expiry date.
- The product must fit the customer’s purpose.
- The product must be created to have the maximum efficiency to fulfill the objective for which it is made. It must be active & functional.
Also, a quality product has two principal traits:
- The traits of a product are its shape, color, appearance, weight, diameter, size, strength, height, thickness, volume, etc.
- Attributes traits such as testing & controlling defective pieces of items in each batch, number of mistakes on each page, double-threading (done in case of textile material), defects in each item, discoloring in dresses, etc.
Depending on these traits, a product can be called excellent or poor. Hence, a product’s complete goodness is its product quality.
The gross quality management process of a product comprises some main tenets. They are:
- Customer focus
- Employee involvement
- Strategic management approach
- Factual method of making decisions
- Process approach
- Continuous betterment
- Mutually effective communications with suppliers
The company’s check of product quality must be passed in 3 stages. It must check the product quality before its creation, at the time of its design & also after its creation. Before the product’s created, the company has to find out the consumer’s necessities & then add them to the merchandise design specifications. It will help the manufacturers & designers of the company to create & design the product as per the customers’ wishes.
At the time of the product’s creation, the company exercises its quality control over each & every stage encompassed in the production method. The company decides everything on the product’s raw materials, human resources nomination & training, packaging, plant & machinery, completed merchandise, etc.
After the product’s creation, it is verified if the design specifications of the product match in each & every aspect, mainly quality. Also, the company tries to set a supreme quality standard when it comes to the quality standard setting of the product. It also verifies if the item is made keeping in mind the company’s quality standard. Again, it checks if the product is without any defect or not.
Why maintaining the Product Quality Is Crucial?
- Product quality is essential & it matters because of the following reasons:
- The success of a company depends on it.
- Product quality helps in solidifying the reputation of a company in customer markets.
- Superior-quality products manufactured by the company keep on meeting the customer demands. As a result, the company will have fewer production expenses, improvement in revenue & greater investment return.
- Some customers are very much demanding & they read every minute detail before buying a product. Product quality matters a lot for such customers.
- Quality products enhance a product’s brand value.
- Quality products meet a customer’s requirements in a safe & effective way. A genuinely quality product will solve a customer’s problems by functioning correctly.
From the above, we can infer that the phrase “product quality” is a very established one when discussing the goods or commodities of an industry or firm. And it’s so because people know that it is ultimately the quality of an item that sustains a corporation or an industry. Product quality makes a product the right one.
So, whatever the item, one can’t deny that each piece of merchandise has its product quality. This quality is consistently tested for the product’s advancement based on various consumers’ feedback. And paying attention to the quality of a product & taking the initiative for its maintenance according to the feedback received on it will satisfy the customers, and itself is a pathway towards accomplishment for every business person.